Professional Liability Insurance

Professional Liability Insurance (PLI) is insurance that is held by practitioners to protect their patients and themselves should the practitioner be subject to legal or regulatory claims against them. It is a requirement for MLTs in Alberta to have PLI. Please contact your employer to ensure you are covered under their policy.

PLI is offered through various companies or organizations including the Canadian Society of Medical Laboratory Sciences (CSMLS). For more information about what the CSMLS offers, please visit

We're available to answer your questions

Contact CMLTA

The College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Alberta (CMLTA) is the regulatory body for Medical Laboratory Technologists (MLTs) employed in Alberta.

Treaty 6

We wish to acknowledge that the land on which the CMLTA office is located is Treaty 6 territory and a traditional meeting ground for many Indigenous people. This is home to the Cree, Blackfoot, and Metis, as it is for the Nakoda, Tsuu T’ina, Chipewyan, and other Indigenous people. Their spiritual and practical relationships to the land create a rich heritage for our life as a community.

Contact Information

301-9426 51 Avenue NW,
Edmonton, Alberta
T6E 5A6

Phone: 780-435-5452
Toll Free: 1-800-265-9351
Fax: 780-437-1442

© 2023 All Rights Reserved. College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Alberta.